The last time I played tag I was 4 feet tall, my voice cracked with every other word, and girls gave me wedgies. Yes, last week was not kind to me. But Emma at All About My Movies is bringing tag back in a much kinder context - to talk about 9 Weird Things About Me. Hopefully this will not involve wedgies.
Before I dive into all that is strange and unholy about me, I'd like to give a quick hooray to the University of Hawaii football team! This past night I witnessed their complete dismantling of the Idaho Vandals (which is an awful team name by the way). The final tally was 68 to 10 and the score actually makes the game seem closer than it was. Awesome.
On to the unholiness.
1. I have an intense dislike of balloons.
I also really dislike kites and anything else that can fly out of my hand and up, up, up into space. Whenever I had a balloon as I child, I wrapped that sucker so hard around my wrist that it cut off blood circulation. I'm much better now, mostly because I won't come within ten feet of a flying object (and yet somehow I can still get on airplanes - go figure).
2. For as long as I can remember I've followed a fairly complex toweling ritual after every shower and bath. I won't go into specifics, but it's very thorough.
3. I take fantasy sports very seriously.
Case in point: tomorrow I'm waking up at the crack of dawn (read: 10am) to scour basketball magazines and the internet in preparation of my basketball draft. Another sports quirk is how I name all my teams after movie and tv references that only sometimes make sense. My current football teams are The Bad-Tempered Rodents and God is my Co-Manager while my basketball teams are named Dial M for MacGuyver. One of my old personal favorites is The Schwetty Ballers.
4. I answer to the names Ma-foo, Matty-mo and Jedi-Warrior. My parents are the only people who use these names but they've been saying them for so long that I only occasionally realize how weird it is.
5. My nostrils take turns whistling.
I'm not sure why this is, or why my mouth can't whistle if my nose can. Basically my nose is my most musically inclined body part.
6. When I was 7 years old, my mom went on vacation while my dad took care of me and my brother at home. One day we went to a baseball game and I ate so many hot dogs and pizzas that my little body cramped into the fetal position. I don't clearly remember how this experience ended but it did involve the emergency room and my father's words, "Mommy doesn't need to know about this, okay?"
7. I have a twin brother who looks and acts nothing like me.
He's a little bit country and I'm a little bit rock 'n roll (okay, not really). We're fraternal twins but I like to tell him that he's adopted. Unrelated Funny Story: One night when we were 12 years old, my brother and I were having a heated argument even after we had turned off the lights and got into bed (separate beds, mind you). My brother suddently got very quiet, and under the cover of darkness he crept to my side of the room and peed on my backpack. I love that guy.
8. I can crack my body in roughly 20 different locations.
It doesn't hurt but it doesn't really feel all that good either.
9. Sitting on my desk beside me is a wooden, hand carved Buddha statue I recently purchased while visiting Thailand. Next to it is a bobblehead of Steve Young.
I don't know the etiquette of tagging, so if you want to write 9 weird things about yourself consider this a "tag, you're next."